Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just my Luck


Well, the last six months have been tough from a training standpoint for me.  I have a few extra pounds from my last pregnancy, I have had a slew of bronchitis type sicknesses that have lasted 3-4 weeks each, a race that I was supposed to do with a team that filled up before we signed up, missing a race due to the crap in my chest....and now, my first week being back in the saddle feeling good about making the memorial day deadline for the syracuse half, and I roll my foot off the edge of the road and now can hardly walk.  I went to the Dr. today...it appears I may have a hairline fracture but we won't know for a couple of days...we have to wait and see how the healing goes.  What the crap?  I am over it...maybe my desitny is to be sedentary and chubby...bummer!

13 comments:

Kori said...

Ouch! Hang in there. Let your boys take care of you, for a change!

Linn said...

I'm so sorry you got hurt. And I know this post wasn't meant to be funny, but you destined to be chubby? Now that is funny. That would take A LOT more than a hurt ankle. Get well soon Tiff!

Amy said...

Oh how I wish I was as chubby as you! You are what I am trying to look like!

I do feel bad for you though. That is horrible. It stinks when you can't run. Here is to a speedy recovery!

Donahoe Family said...

Sorry Tiff - that is such a bummer! I know how it feels when it seems like you can't catch a break - but you'll be there before you know it! Oh and by the way - you can't write a sentence with both of the words "I" and "chubby" -coming from you - that just doesn't make any sense at all! :)

Annette said...

That really IS the pits! I'm sorry-no fun. Keep me posted on the verdict....other than this-how are you and your cute boys doing? Oh! We had a girls night out here at a Japanese restaurant and I had some Miso soup and TOTALLY thought of you and Jared.... lol

Shy said...

So sorry! Hope your back on your 'feet' again soon!

Kris said...

That's a huge bummer Tiff! I wish I was destined to be as chubby as you. ( : Hopefully you heal up quickly.

Mechelle said...

:(
I am sorry - those letdowns can weigh heavily.
Keep the chin up.

forget laundry said...

okay- there is nothing chubby about you. (first off)

second- what a total bummer. I am so sorry. good luck and let us know what the update is.

Lara said...

If you are chubby then I must be a Walrus!

I have been thinking about you SO much. I know how frustrating it must be for you to have the determination and drive to do something and not be able to do it. Hang in there. You have many more years to be running. This is just a speck in time.

Liza said...

I love the "destined to be chubby" comment.....as if. :) Guess you'll just have to focus on the bike! :)

Jewels said...

Ouchie!! I did that in college and I thought it was hard being on crutches from class to class. I can't imagine taking care of 3 little boys!! Let me know if you need any help! I hope the recovery is quick!

Trent said...

There is nothing more frustrating than circumstances outside of your control that keep you from training. I do want to thank you for this post. I never knew there was a half in Syracuse, but now that I do I think we will venture up there. Why don't you have Jared push you in the Charriot?