
So I was feeding the kids an after school snack, it wasn't what Sam wanted because there was only one pancake to be split two ways. After quickly taking a bite out of the pancake to claim it was his, I took it, split it in two and gave Sam the side that he had bit out of. This threw him into a fit...still not quite sure why, but it did. I then proceeded to make myself a snack that apparently he wanted. Instead of asking nicely, he shouted that he wanted that too and it wasn't fair. As I smiled and walked out of the kitchen this was his reply to the situation. "Mom, I thought we lived in the land of the free! If it IS the land of the free how come I can't have whatever I want, whenever I want... but you can?!" (George Washington week at school has really set in for him...apparently!)
This then turned into a great teaching moment, but I couldn't help but laugh!
9 comments:
HA! I love it! That is so funny. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Do you remember how to get to our house?
Too funny! Don't you just love what kids come up with. I actually think that was a pretty smart comment. What Ben got out of President's week was a little different...He thought it was funny that George Washington powdered his own hair because he hated wearing wigs. Nothing about freedom or our country, just hair.
What a smarty pants, that is awesome!
SO CUTE! I'm rather impressed that he found applicability in his learning...WAY to go Sam!
We are free to choose. That is a great American philosophy and gospel principle. But I don't think the Founding Fathers or the prophets meant that we get to choose AFTER we take a bite of the pancake (or apple).
Hilarious. I love how smart Sam is. It's so cool that he's paying attention.
By the way, I tagged you. If you have the desire or the time, check my blog for details.
Tiffany, you're so good at recognizing and remembering the little things! You'll love looking back on these times for sure. I'm still an old school journal writer but I still forget about the little things in there too. You're my inspiration!
I loved this!! So cute. Makes us miss you guys though! I tagged you too.. I'm totally copying Jane :D
Hey Tiff! I just found your blog from Lara's! I guess this is the only way we can stay connected as neighbors until the weather gets better. We need to get the boys together soon, I would love for Jantz to have a little buddy next door - so convenient! Anyway, I thought Sam's comment was so cute and I just wanted to say hello!
Post a Comment