So, our new house is completely taupe! Every wall and ceiling is taupe. I love the neutral color in the living area, but I am ready to take the plunge and paint our kitchen a bold color! I am just unsure of which to choose...so any opinion is greatly appreciated! My first thoughts were to go for a retro look with a robin's egg blue with red/orange/green accents. But I also thought I could go for an earthy feel with burnt orange wall with brown/cream/red accents. I know...two totally different looks and feel. Thre really isn't that much wall space...mostly cupboards and windows so I am hoping it won't be too overwhelming. Below were some inspiration fabrics. The blue in the tablecloth is the one I was wanting for the walls. Let me know your opinion!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Taking the Plunge!
So, our new house is completely taupe! Every wall and ceiling is taupe. I love the neutral color in the living area, but I am ready to take the plunge and paint our kitchen a bold color! I am just unsure of which to choose...so any opinion is greatly appreciated! My first thoughts were to go for a retro look with a robin's egg blue with red/orange/green accents. But I also thought I could go for an earthy feel with burnt orange wall with brown/cream/red accents. I know...two totally different looks and feel. Thre really isn't that much wall space...mostly cupboards and windows so I am hoping it won't be too overwhelming. Below were some inspiration fabrics. The blue in the tablecloth is the one I was wanting for the walls. Let me know your opinion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like a fun project. I like both color schemes but I think I vote for the blue/orange/green combo, but, honestly, Tiff, you have flawless taste. Whatever you choose will look amazing!
I totally say go retro!! I am so excited for you! What fun!
I love both, but really the blue :) I'm totally there with you. Our whole house is either white or a ghastly off white grey non-color color. I'm right in the middle of painting our bath and trying to decide the rest of the house. Post pics when you're done! I need some inspiration!
ps I love your kitchen.
Oh, I like both ideas. The blue would be less of a dominate color, so that might me my choice. I can't wait to see what you pick and how it turns out.
I tend to be a pretty big chicken when it comes to painting with bright/bold colors. Your ideas truly inspire me. I do think the blue/orange/green sounds really cute, though. Good luck and I'll for sure need to come see...
I really like both options...but I'm going to go against the popular vote and cast mine towards the burnt orange walls with the brown/cream/red trim. I think it would blend nicely with your tile & cabinets and add a little more warmth to the room. Take it for what it's worth (which isn't much). I'm sure you'll be happy either way. Can't wait to see the end result.
you have such a great kitchen! I think both options sound really cool. we have ours painted a silver sagey blueish color and we love it. it is so relaxing... but I love your other idea to- a lot. I think it is different than the norm and will look great. post pictures of what you choose. and hey- when can we meet up? lets pick a day and go for it! hope you are great!
You have such good taste, that whatever you choose will be perfect. My favorite color is red, but I love the blue on your blog.
Post a Comment