Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Angry Dieter


So, I have weight to lose after having our baby number three!  It has been much harder this time around than with the other two....bummer!  I must be getting older and my body must be more stubborn!  Anyway, this week I have decided that this is it...I have to take action.  So, I have been really watching what I eat.  The problem is I have become the angry dieter!  Every day around 3:00 I become somewhat hostile.  I am hungry, tired and I just would like something sweet to eat.  I feel like I am an addict trying to obstain...I guess in a way I am!  So instead of giving in to my taste bud's desires, I just get grouchy....there has got to be a better way!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know if there is a better way. Diets are no fun. Period. I have been trying for 1 1/2 years to lose my baby weight. I just can't stop eating...

So good luck to you. If you do find the miracle diet that is easy and doensn't make you grouchy, let me know!

Lara said...

I still haven't lost my baby weight from Emma. She's nine! And ask Lee, I am a totally angry dieter. If you find an easier way Lee would really like to know about it. As for now I am trying to remember "No pain, no gain...or loss for that matter". We live in a cruel world where nothing is free. Good luck! I know you can do it!

Wait...you have weight to lose? Where is it hiding?

Laura said...

It has been so hard for me with my third as well! I did hear a great tip today, actually, for getting rid of that craving for sweets. Every time you feel the need for something sweet have a glass of water and a piece of fruit. It's supposed to really help kick the craving.

The worst part of loosing weight for me is that it is all about the food. Even if I'm exercising like crazy, I can't drop it without really watching what I eat. Boo!

Good luck, Tiff. You're an inspiration.

Catherine said...

First off, I am so not buying the fact that you need to lose weight. Secondly, welcome to the angry dieter club! I was cracking up about what happens to you at 3pm because I can totally relate! The best I can offer is to drink a big diet coke....I know that probably isn't the healthiest advice, but there is a good reason why I call it "my liquid sanity".

Mechelle said...

Hey, Tiff I understand the afternoon cravings, I think I invented them. I have two go-tos. Sometimes cinnamon gum hits the spot and when it must be chocolate, there are these Oreo 100 calorie cookie bites that are soooo good. Heck if you can stop at one, a fun size candy bar is only 80 cals. I find I have to work with the cravings not against them. I track all my stuff on Myfitnessspal.com LUUUUVV it!
But, you look great girl, you just need better lighting or a different mirror.

McCallisters said...

Throw out the scale and focus on how you feel when you do the things you love! Bodies change. But so long as you feel good when you jog or hike or bike, then who cares what your weight is or if you have to buy a new pair of jeans in a different size? My philosophy has always been to stay in shape, not trying to be a certain shape.

(Of course, this is all coming from a large-ish pregnant woman who will probably be an angry dieter in the next year or so.)

Jewels said...

Hi Tiffany!! First of all I found your blog off of Ziebarth's, hope you don't mind! Second of all, hello you look AWESOME!! I think carrying around that baby of yours might be excercise enough-what a cutie! Our blog is private but I would love to invite you, just send me your e-mail address. brophy.jewels@gmail.com Have a great day!!

Linn said...

I just found your new blog through Laura's. Hurray! And the thought that you would ever think you needed to diet makes me laugh. Maybe we should reserve diets for people like me who didn't lose the baby weight the first time. Or second. Or fourth. Glad you guys are doing well!